Many people enjoy the benefits of regular visits to a chiropractor, but they may still wonder how often they should actually be going for readjustments. So, how often should you see your chiropractor? If you are looking for chiropractic care in Abington, Maryland, the professionals at Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation can provide services and help you determine your appointment schedule.
Factors That Determine Number of Visits
At your first appointment, you and the chiropractor will discuss what realignments or adjustments need to be done and how often you should see the chiropractor. Some of the factors that determine the number of visits include:
- Injury severity: if you have one, then the more severe the injury, the more visits you may need to achieve optimal benefits. Additionally, if you have suffered multiple injuries, you will need more visits to realign your neck and spine.
- Overall body condition: what is your general state of health? How long have you had the condition that lead you to seek chiropractic care? These will be used to determine the number of visits you may need to correct the problem.
- How your body responds to adjustments: another determining factor will be how well your body responds to the treatment. Some things that factor into how you will respond include your current stress levels, if you are properly hydrated, and your overall joint mobility.
Questions to Ask the Chiropractor
When discussing your treatment plan with your chosen chiropractor, here are some questions you should ask:
- Does the chiropractor take x-rays?
- What criteria does the chiropractor use to determine the number of visits in the treatment plan?
- What kind of preventative plan will you be provided following each session to reduce the risk of reinjury?
- What techniques does the chiropractor use to treat neck and spine issues?
These questions can help when setting up a treatment plan that is just right for you.
Finding Chiropractic Care in Abington
When working with a chiropractor, you want to make sure you are getting the best care for your needs. The professionals at Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation can help. Call Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation for the best chiropractic care in Abington, Maryland.