Proper posture is one of the quickest, easiest ways to immediately improve your appearance while also allowing your body to remain aligned. Many of us commit one or more common posture mistakes, but these mistakes can be corrected. If you are seeking chiropractic care in Kingsville MD, the professionals at Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation can help correct your posture issues.
What is Proper Posture?
First, you need to understand what is the correct posture. Correct posture includes:
- Your shoulders are back and relaxed.
- Your abdomen is pulled inward but not to the point of being uncomfortable.
- Feet should be approximately hip-distance apart with weight balanced equally per foot.
- Your head should be held straight and not tipped forward, backward or sideways.
- Legs should be straight, but don’t lock your knees (stay relaxed).
Most Common Posture Mistakes and Their Fixes
The most common posture mistakes include:
- Slouching or slumping in a chair: sitting straight up in a chair can help correct poor posture. You can also do exercises to strengthen your core and buttocks.
- Sticking your butt out: exercising your core and buttocks can help correct this issue. Add hip flexors and thigh stretches for optimal benefit.
- Flatback: standing up and stretching is one way to prevent a flat back since sitting for long periods can lead to it.
- Leaning to the left or right on one leg: make a habit of distributing your weight evenly between both feet.
- Hunching over/text slouch: chest stretches and neck exercises can help prevent “text neck” or “text slouch.”
- Pushing your chin out: make sure your workstation is ergonomically set so you don’t have to unnaturally poke your chin out.
- Rounding your shoulders: this can be fixed by doing a balance of exercises for your back and core.
- Holding your phone with your shoulder: work on holding the phone properly when using it or invest in a hands-free device.
Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation offers chiropractic care in Harford County along with lifestyle advice, corrective exercises, x-rays on-site, posture screenings, spinal screenings, and physiotherapy.
Call Today for Chiropractic Care in Kingsville MD!
If you are in search of chiropractic care in Kingsville MD or Harford County, contact Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, and schedule your appointment.