Millions of people in the United States suffer from back pain on a daily basis, and for people under 45 it is the leading cause of disability, but what causes back pain? How can back pain be prevented or treated? At Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, your chiropractic care specialist in Baldwin, the licensed professionals can help you get relief from back pain.
What Causes Back Pain?
There are several things that can cause back pain, and each of these causes creates unique challenges in treatment. Causes of back pain include the following:
- Back pain can be caused by one of many spinal conditions such as herniated or slipped discs, bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, inflammation in the joints of the spine, spinal stenosis, or pinched nerves.
- Accidents and injuries are also major causes of back pain. Falls or accidents can cause muscle injuries (strains and sprains), fractures, or dislocations.
- Your lifestyle can also be a cause of pain in your back. Slouching when you sit or stand, lifting heavy objects incorrectly or without proper equipment, being overweight or obese, having a sedentary lifestyle, smoking, or wearing shoes that are hard on your back can hurt your back.
- Your emotions can also be a factor in back pain. Stress can cause tension in your back and neck leading to pain, discomfort, and decreased range of motion.
- Illnesses can also cause back pain. Conditions such as arthritis or pregnancy can cause your back to hurt.
How Chiropractic Care Alleviates Back Pain
At Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, you can get relief from back pain through its many services. As leaders in chiropractic care in Baldwin, Healthbridge provides chiropractic care, corrective exercises, and other treatments designed to improve your life and relieve pain.
Neck and spinal realignment/adjustment are proven to relieve the stress on joints and nerves that cause back pain. It also helps improve circulation and movement which relieves pain.
In addition to adjustments, your chiropractor will teach you corrective exercises you can do to strengthen your back and prevent future pain.
Chiropractic Care Baldwin
You can get relief from back pain at Healthbridge Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, your chiropractor in Belcamp, and leaders in chiropractic care in Baldwin. Call Healthbridge today!